(Image description: A list of 26 questions, stolen from Twitter)
- How do you drink your tea? – milk, two sugars. Although a piece of advice, if you don’t have any sugar, don’t try and replace it with icing sugar. That was not one of my finest moments…
- Favourite dessert? – It depends so much on the weather and what I’ve eaten! Strudel, apple crumble or anything chocolatey is very hard to resist though.
- Favourite season and why? Autumn or winter – I’m definitely a cold weather person and heat tends to just make me feel uncomfortable. I love the colours in autumn, especially on the trees, and my birthday is in November, so that’s always been one of my favourite times of year.
- What cheers you up? – Chocolate and a good book!
- Dogs or cats? – Cats! (As you can probably tell from the amount of times I mention mine!)
- What’s your dream holiday? – The best holiday I’ve been on was when I went to Stockholm for my birthday in 2016. It was just a near-perfect weekend, but I think my ‘dream holiday’ would be going to Iceland – sadly a lot of the things I’d like to do aren’t really things I can do now.
- How many kids do you want? The option of having children has been taken away as that’s one of the side effects of the chemo I was on.
- Favourite weather? Snow! (Although it isn’t really very wheelchair friendly…)
- What would your last meal be? A morbid question! Something with pasta, though – or maybe a beef stew and dumplings!
- You can spend 24 hours anywhere, any year, where would you choose? – I don’t actually know! I’ve been thinking about this and I can’t really come up with anything that doesn’t sound very trite, or where I’d probably end up accidentally getting killed
- If you were a ghost, who or where would you haunt? If I was a nasty ghost, Jacob Rees-Mogg. If I was a friendly one, my kitten.
- What is your family ancestry? No idea about anything more than a few generations ago, and I have very limited interest in researching it (certainly in terms of that DNA analyser thing that seems pretty popular)
- What scares you? A lot of things! But I’ll narrow it down to one and say frogs, they creep me out more than almost anything else!
- What are you most grateful for? Honestly, still being here!
- Dream job? Academic (though without all the bullshit, which is probably impossible)
- Do you believe in aliens? Not really, I’m mostly agnostic on the subject. They probably aren’t real but, despite my love of sci-fi, it isn’t something I think about much!
- Favourite sport – I’m not a massively sporty person, I watch a fair bit of football now that I’ve moved home though because my family are quite into that. I prefer quizzes or board games though generally!
- How do you relax after a long day? Reading, eating chocolate, or just not really doing anything! I enjoy watching films too
- If you could meet one historical figure, who would you choose and why? Either Hild of Whitby or Julian of Norwich!
- If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach? I have to say history really, don’t I?
- Describe your perfect day – It depends! Variety is the spice of life, and all that. I enjoy days when I don’t have to do anything, but I also like going out for meals and to the theatre or a gig or the cinema. However good one day might be, I don’t think I have such a thing as a perfect day
- Describe yourself in a sentence. Not a sentence, but I’ll just copy and paste my twitter bio for this one –
@GlasgowUni, feminist. Research in 2 words = lesbian nuns. Regularly hits peak Anglican. Taking time out from studies for health reasons.’
- Who makes you laugh the most? Probably my brother Dave – he definitely has the humour sorted! I do spend a lot time laughing at my kitten, but I’m not sure she intends to be so funny!
- What superpower would you choose? I was very disappointed that radiotherapy didn’t give me any discernible superpowers! The Hulk gets exposed to radiation and gains super strength, I do and I can just about get up and down stairs, very slowly. Being able to move things with my mind would be cool though!
- Favourite animal? Maybe a lion, or some other type of big cat. I love how similar domestic cats are to big wild ones!
- Biggest accomplishment? This seems like an opportunity to humblebrag really! For me though, it’s probably when I’ve had to do public speaking – when I was a teenager that would have seemed almost unthinkable, but now I’ve done it quite a few times and I’ve discovered that I can actually do it!